Our workshop is the heart and soul of our little shop, and we’re rightly proud of the work we do. All our mechanics are Cytech trained, experienced and just a little bit jaded from years in the wrench trench. We’ve got Fox training, DT Swiss Wheel Building and Bosch e-bike accreditation too.
Each job* is signed off by a second mechanic to make sure we’ve not missed anything, we are human after all.
The following service and price list is not exhaustive but there shouldn’t be much missing:
Cycle Service £70
- Brakes aligned, pads checked for wear, brake tightened and tuned. Hydraulic brakes are bled with the manufacturers recommended brake fluid. With cable brakes the inner and outer cables are replaced.
- Gears indexed and all drive train components checked for wear. Cable inners and outers are replaced. Di2 systems are diagnosed for errors and updated to the latest firmware.
- Frame inspected for visible damage.
- Wheels trued and spokes tensioned.
- Headset, bottom bracket and hubs adjusted where appropriate.
- Bolt checked.
- Included in the service cost are genuine Shimano and Campagnolo cables for the relevant systems.
Gear adjustment £20 per end
- Gears indexed and drive train components checked for wear. Cable inners and outers included.
Brake adjustment £20 per end
- Brakes aligned, pads checked for wear, brake tightened and tuned. Cable inners and outers included.
Disk Brake Bleed Front or Rear £25 Both ends £40
- Brake bleed performed with the manufacturers recommended brake fluid.
Fork Service and Damper Bleed £50 (seals not included)
In a fork service the following is performed:
- Lowers are removed, cleaned, inspected for damage and wear.
- Stanchion outers and inners are thoroughly cleaned and inspected for damage and wear.
- Fork reassembled with fresh fluid, new seals installed, pressure tested and checked for leaks.
- FIT and Charger dampers drained, refilled and bled.
Full Fork Service – £100+
Fork sent away to the relevant manufacturer. Up-to-date pricing available on request.
Air can Service £30 (seals extra)
- Air can stripped from shock body.
- Air can & piston outer cleaned and inspected for damage and wear.
- Shock reassembled with fresh fluid, seals and o-rings.
- Pressure tested and checked for leaks.
Full suspension Frame Bearing replacement
Frame bearing swap outs are tricky ones. We’d love to have a fixed price, but for every bike where the bearings are in removable linkages there’s ones embedded into the frame. Sometimes they disintegrate. Sometimes they pop out and reinstall lovely. It’s an unknown quantity of time until we get in there. £25 per hour. Maximum price of £75.
*Where possible. Sometimes we’re just one mechanic all alone. We do have days away from the spanners sometimes.